Hydro Construction, located in Fort Collins, Colorado, is an employee owned small business that is well established and growing in the water and wastewater treatment industry. We offer long term career opportunities, an atmosphere of learning and growth, and a great compensation package!
Full time position. Exciting opportunity for growth. Minimum of 40 hours per week. Attractive benefits program includes medical, dental, and vision healthcare, 401k program, paid time off and paid holidays, short and long term disability, life insurance and funeral leave.
- Monitoring compliance with company safety programs.
- Ensuring quality work that complies with plans and specifications.
- Planning of construction means and methods.
- Subcontractor scheduling and coordination.
- Supervising and mentoring foremen and craftsmen.
- Hiring and training of field supervisors and craft workers.
- Selecting heavy operated equipment, cranes, and small tools.
- Maintaining productivity required to meet project cost and scheduling deadlines.
- Forecasting budget shortages and savings.
Must be able to perform a variety of tasks at various construction sites; including out of town jobsites. Ability to successfully complete one or more local or out of town projects concurrently with values over $6 million and able to cost and negotiate project change orders. The Project Superintendent is the on-site builder with overall responsibility for field operations. This includes civil, structural, architectural, mechanical and electrical construction disciplines.
This position requires the ability to procure future projects, skills and proven ability to develop quality relationships with project engineers and owners, excellent safety record, and extensive subcontractor base.
This position is also responsible for attending pre-bid meetings, may be called upon to participate in a proposal interview, has a clear understanding of the different project contract models we operate under, can offer conceptual estimates and value engineering at different design stages and possesses the ability to estimate projects with the current estimating software.
- Previous construction experience in similar position.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification preferred.
- Computer experience in Microsoft Excel and Exchange, and other business related software is desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Employees must be 18 years of age, pass a standard background check, drug test, and have a valid driver’s license.
- Appropriate attendance practices are required.
- Physical requirements: walking, standing and bending for long periods of time, stretching, twisting, stooping, lifting, pushing and pulling, climbing up and down ladders, ability to work from high surfaces, manual dexterity and multi limb coordination, vision and depth perception, able to withstand exposure to the elements.
HCCI is an equal employment opportunity employer that encourages personal and professional growth.